Among other languages, Black Swift supports Python — immensely popular scripting language. Python interpreter can be installed using opkg utility.
- Log in to Black Swift board via SSH
- Update list of available packages with opkg update command
- All Python related packages can be listed with opkg list python* command
- Necessary packages can be installed with opkg install <package name> command, e.g.
opkg install python opkg install python-openssl python-bzip2 python-gzip
Please note there are two versions of Python distribution:
- python-mini — compact version without some modules included, requires about 1.4 MB. Run okpg install python-mini to install it.
- python — full version. It depends on python-mini, so the latter will be installed as well; total occupied flash space is about 3.7 MB. Run opkg install python to install both python and python-mini packages.
Here is the comparison of python and python-mini (as of May 2015, python 2.7.3-2): openwrt-python_2.7.3-compare.pdf